94. hrIMkArapUjyA

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Mon Jul 13 17:58:32 CDT 1998

94. hrIMkArapUjyA

SHE is to be worshipped with hrIM.  It is said that a deity should be
worshipped with the mUlamantra and the mUlamantra is not different from
the deity. Hence, SHE should be worshipped with hrIM.

A devotee, meditating on hrIM will become perfected in mantrashAstra.
Certain secret Agamas state, that when worshipping shrIchakra, one should
use hrIM in the beginning and namaH in the end, with other bIjAs according
to the tradition of their guru.

SHE is fond of hrIMkAra and hence SHE should be worshipped with hrIM.

AUM hrIMkArapUjyAyai namaH

>From  Mon Jul 13 19:17:02 1998
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 19:17:02 -0400
To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <ramakris at EROLS.COM>
Subject: Re: pUja
Comments: To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>

sadananda wrote:

> The rest of my post actually justifies why the lack of interest too!

Not just that, you seem pretty contemptuous of karma itself, as you
write:

> rituals nor I care to know about them since my mind is not tuned to that
> type.

The phrase "that type", which is always used in a derogatory sense,
clearly shows that you will not accept any statement from shruti or
smR^iti about karma. So, I wasn't planning to reply to your mail
originally because of this. But as it happened it lead to some confusion
about chitta shuddhi etc (incorrect at least according to my
understanding) which is the sole reason I replied.

> I see in this and in the subsequent posts that you have lot of
> disagreements with my post.  I will certainly read them and contemplate on
> them.  Thanks for your detailed input.

Illustrations should clearly explain the situation, only in the case of
brahman it falls short since brahman is beyond words.

There is no point in saying "Let us agree to disagree" etc, since it's
not of any use in discussion. I have had the opportunity to re-examine
and correct myself on various issues, eg on sannyAsa on which Anand
wrote several posts, and am thankful for that. If there is a specific
point which is incorrect, it would be good to point it out instead of
some general statement like "Let's agree to disagree and so on".

Rama.

PS: My good friend Krishna Kumar informs me that I seemed
"condescending" in some mail/mails. Obviously there was no such
intention. I guess when speaking, some facial expressions etc show the
real intention whereas in e-mail that is missing. Unfortunately it will
take a drastic change in writing style for me and think it'll take a lot
of time. So I hope I will be given some leeway on that!