102. haladhR^ikpUjitA

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Wed Jul 22 09:46:16 CDT 1998

102. haladhR^ikpUjitA

SHE who is worshipped by one who carries a  plough.

haladhR^ik means one who bears a plough and it refers to Balarama. pUjitA
means she is worshipped with meditation, etc.

AUM haladhR^ikpUjitAyai namaH

>From  Thu Jul 23 20:49:32 1998
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:49:32 -0400
To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <ramakris at EROLS.COM>
Subject: Re: Karma and Sanyasa
Comments: To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>

Maadhavan Srinivasan wrote:

> I have a doubt regarding renunciation.
>
> To attain Jeevan Mukth state, Is it necessary to renounce physically?
>
> How come, being a king, Janaka was in Jeevan Muktha state.
>
> ( If one is a king, he can't renounce everything physically.)
>
> And please explain the term, " Renounce Physically ".
>
> My understanding is, one has to renounce all his physical possessions.
> Then, his body is  the primary possession. So, if he renounce physically
> he can't live .
>
> So, i think physical renunciation is not a must to attain Mukthi.
> But mental renunciation is a must.
>
> ( If we realize TRUTH, we are not renouncing anything but we will become
> everything.)

Hello,

I haven't seen you post before, I think you must be a new list-member. I
am not sure if my previous message was the first message you read. No
one claimed everyone has to take up physical sannyAsa. If you read my
posts on pUjA (please refer the archives) and then my previous post,
you'll realize that my post had nothing to do with sannyAsa per se. The
point I wanted to make was completely different and I only tangentially
touched upon sannyAsa, only because I had to. As to sannyAsa etc and
importance of actual, physical renunciation of possessions, please refer
to the Giri's excellent post, which you should be able to find in the
archives. I posted a pointer to that message about 2-3 months back also.
Also refer to Anand Hudli's various posts on karma, sannyAsa etc.

As to statements like "I am truth" etc, if you really have realized
that, my humble obeisances to you. If you are merely repeating what some
GYAni said, it's of no consequence. Sorry to sound churlish, but in the
past this list was inundated with posts which carried statements like
this from various people as "answers" to any and every question. I have
completely lost my patience with this type of stuff.

Rama.