ADVAITA-L Digest - 27 Jul 1998 to 28 Jul 1998

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Wed Jul 29 12:18:11 CDT 1998

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Kamal Kothari wrote:
<my original quote snipped>

> Yes Ravi....I am glad that you realised it yourself. You are the list
> "moderator" and I think your job ends there. Nobody wants silly remarks
> and retorts from you all the time.
>
> The list is going on wonderfully without your saucy "inputs", I dare
> say. We are interested in studying the thoughts of Sankaracharya, if you
> remember!
>
> Regards,  Kamal

namaste

Please point out what are the mail-messages where I am silly and
where I retort. Even in the mail-message I quoted, I  expressed
only my view (as a member) that a grihasta should not talk as if
he/she in paramArtha It may be a wrong view, but it is still in
the fold of topics related to advaita-vedanta.

I request you to quote where I erred. I will correct myself.
Especially when you use terms like "saucy inputs", you need to
qualify it.

Yes, this list for discussion of advaita vedAnta as taught by
shankara and related topics. I rarely strayed away from that,
other than administritative issues.  I do remember that this list
is for discussing shankara's advaita vedanta. Only for that
purpose, I am spending my time for this. Otherwise, I will be
engaging myself in other religious activities.

As the list administrator I have to write items related
administrative details, I cannot help it. For instance, your mail
has HTML formatted segments in it. It might sometimes turn on the
wrong switches in the HTML formatted archives. I have to write a
mail, taking my time, not write HTML formatted mails to the LIST.

This list is unmoderated, but within a set of guidlines. I serve
a list adminstrator. But as a member, I can write and participate
in the threads.

I hope this clarifies.

--
Ravi