Shravanam-Aswijam

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Thu Jul 30 18:41:09 CDT 1998

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> > This Friday (31/July/1998) is shrI varalakShmi vratam. I think
> > shree's page has the complete pUjavidhiH for that.
>
> Which page is that exactly?

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/8891/index.html

Ravi

Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 19:55:42 -0400
To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <ramakris at EROLS.COM>
Subject: Re: retirement from the forum
Comments: To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>

Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> If you think that pointing out errors in peoples misunderstanding of
> Vedanta is akin to social intolerance than I say viva intolerance.
>
> [Other rubbish deleted]

Excellent response. Exactly what I wanted to say. Further may I add that
claiming some so called eclectic method (which is the same as the son of
a barren woman) is better, is only another form of "intolerance" giving
the satisfying delusion of being "tolerant".

In our world we'll strongly condemn all tenets of Nazism as garbage and
prefer to be "intolerant". I guess these "eclectics" will instead
embrace half of it, e.g., instead of killing a million jews, kill half a
million and create Isreal for the other half million and be tolerantly
eclectic!

NOTE: Just to jog people's memory a bit, we are talking about advaita
vedAnta as taught by sha.nkara. Let's stick to that, shall we? If anyone
thinks vedAnta taught by sha.nkara is akin to "social intolerance"
he/she is free to leave the forum at once.

Rama.