New member introduction: shrI Krishna Vaidyanathan

Mon Jun 1 13:45:44 CDT 1998

>     Though I was born into a modest south Indian Brahmin family, my exposure
> to spiritual world was limited to rites and rituals, without any basic
> understanding.

Sorry to misuse Krishnakumar Vaidyanathans' introduction in this way but
the quote above illustrates a point I'm trying to make.

I would say this is the typical experience of most Hindu families.  One
practices the various rites and rituals not for some purpose but simply
because it is one's obligation.  So no "Understanding" is needed.