Authenticity of the Upanishads.

Vivek Anand Ganesan v_ganesan at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 1 19:24:47 CDT 1998

NamashkAr,

   I have seen some dissenting views about the antiquity of some of
the upanishads.  Are all 108 of them accepted in the Advaitic
tradition?  Why did SrI ShankarAcharya choose only a handful of them
to comment on?  Are there any later additions to this corpus?  Swami
Nikhilanada has mentioned of atleast one - AllahOpanishad, written
during Mughal times.  What criterion, if any, is used in determining
the authenticity?

Thanks,

-Vivek.