Freedom of Choice - or - Freedom *from* Choice?

Gregory Goode goode at DPW.COM
Wed Mar 4 09:31:46 CST 1998

At 10:31 AM 3/4/98 -0330, Gummuluru Murthy wrote:

>I come back to that sentence again ".... As such, there is no karma made
>or created by individual jiva....". It is so, if we see ourselves as
>followers of the script of Ishwara. But is it not also in Ishwara's
>script that we see ourselves as individual jeevas ? We do not have a
>choice except to follow the script.

Very insightful point!  Whatever is seen, whatever appears, whatever seems
to exist or to be the case -- all this is something in Ishwara's script
(some say it arises spontaneously).  Even the belief in free will is
something in the script.  Years ago, I asked a Tibetan rinpoche (teacher)
about free will.  He said that we are forced to believe in free will.

--Greg