Kulam

Vivek Anand Ganesan v_ganesan at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 5 16:15:20 CDT 1998

Namashkar,
   I cordially welcome ShrI Grimes to this forum and am looking
forward to learning a lot from him.

   I would like to know more about the significance of "kulam" in
advAitam.  Specifically, the deeper connotations of "kulam".
e.g. >all of creation; divine creative energy; power of consciousness
The only meaning that I was aware of was that of "family".

   Also, I understand that "kulam" is a very important concept in
Kashmiri Shaivam.  Is their idea of "kulam" different from the advAita
conception?  If so, how?

Thank you,

-Vivek.