Ashtavakra Gita

Swami Vishvarupananda omkar at GIASDL01.VSNL.NET.IN
Sat May 9 10:46:27 CDT 1998

>"The inner freedom of having nothing is hard to achive, even with just a
>loin cloth, but I live as I please abandoning both renunciation and
>acquisition!
>
>Sometimes one experiences distress because of one's body or tongue or
>mind. Abandoning all these in the goal of being human I live as I
>please!
>
>Recognising that in reality no action is ever committed, I live as I
>please, just attending what presents itself to be done.

One should keep in mind, that all this is said from Paramarthika state, not
vyavaharika. It is very dangerous to try to implement this on the
vyavaharika level, where it will lead to engaging in what the mind pleases
and the senses dictate. It is only in the paramartika-'state' that one can
abandon both renunciation and acquisition.

Om