42. IshitrI

Ravi Mayavaram msr at REDDY20.TAMU.EDU
Thu May 14 22:39:16 CDT 1998

42. IshitrI

SHE who directs everything. "Ishayati" means directs.

AUM Ishitryai namaH
>From ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU Thu May 14 23:47:33 1998
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 23:47:33 PDT
To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: "Laura W. / Mantralaura" <mantralaura at TWAVE.NET>
Subject: adhikaaraH - Definition
Comments: To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>

sarvebhyo namaH,
  I'm sorry I do not have the time to get involved in any discussions,
but I feel that I should post the definition of adhikaaraH:

Superintendence, watching over; post of authority; administration of
pecuniary matters; sovereignty, government or administration,
jurisdiction; rule; seat of government or jurisdiction; a head or
governing rule, which exerts a directing or governing influence over
other rules; possessed of authority, invested with office; qualification
or authority to perform certain specified duties (civil, sacrificial,
religious - as the adhikaara of a king to rule and protect, of a
BrahmaNa to sacrifice, etc.), etc.

dhanyavaadaH,
  Mantralaura