158. karanirjitapallavA

Ravisankar Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Fri Nov 20 17:43:22 CST 1998

158. karanirjitapallavA

SHE whose palms put the tender leaves to shame.

By "kara", here, palms of HER hands are indicated and by
"pallava", tender leaves with their qualities like redness,
smoothness and softness is indicated. It means, HER palms puts
the tender leaves to shame with the attributes of greater
softness and smoothness. That is why this name is relevant. It is
said that "vivAhashcha vivAdashcha samyoreva shobhate" (Marriage
and debates are befitting only among equals). Such an equality is
meant in this comparison.

AUM karanirjitapallavAyai namaH