adhyAropa-apavAdAbhyAM nishprapancam prapancyate -

Swami Vishvarupananda omkar at GIASDL01.VSNL.NET.IN
Wed Sep 16 09:41:59 CDT 1998

Harih Om,

>I do not remember whether it has it in the
>form of the sentence, adhyAropa-apavAdAbhyAM nishprapancam prapancyate. If
>someone has access to Radhakrishnan's "The Principal Upanishads" please do
>check if the paingala upanishad has the same sentence. I would be very
>grateful for the information.

I did not find the above sentence (which may be due to oversight also), I
found the following:

adhyaaropaapavaadataH svaruupaM nishcayiikartuM shakyate. tasmaat sadaa
vicaarayejjagat-jiiva-paramaatmaano jiiva-bhaava-jagad-bhaava-baadhe pratyag
abhinnam brahmaivaavashiSyata iti. (Pai.Up. 2.12)

Radhakrishnan's translation:
<<It is possible to determine the nature of the Self through the way of
super-imposition (of qualiaties that do not belong to it) and denial.
Therefore one should always inquire into the nature of the world, the
individual and the supreme Self. With the denial of the (ultimate) reality
of the soul and the world, the innermost Self non-differentiated from
Brahman alone remains.>>

Greetings and Om,
Vishvarupananda