New member introduction: shrI Tim Gerchmez

Vaidya Sundaram Vaidya_Sundaram at I2.COM
Thu Apr 29 16:28:19 CDT 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999
From: Tim Gerchmez <fewtch at ESKIMO.COM>
To: Vaidya Sundaram <Vaidya_Sundaram at i2.com>

Dear List,

I would like to introduce myself.  I will keep this brief, as there will be
plenty of words forthcoming.  Introductions serve only as a "first
impression," which to me has little meaning.  One cannot know the nature of
a person through a single post to a mailing list.  The idea is ludicrous.

I follow no particular path, but forge my own.  However, Advaita Vedanta
holds particular interest to me, it being the only path that accepts all
other paths as absolutely equal to it.

To me, Adi Shankaracharya is an Avatar, an incarnation of Shiva.  Adi
Ramakrishna is also an Avatar.  Notice I use the word "is" in both cases
rather than "was."  This has significance.  I'll leave it up to the reader
to consider that significance.

Of all the paths I have investigated, Advaita Vedanta holds the most Truth
for me.  Buddhism is probably second... it is practical, down-to-earth and
powerful.  But it ignores Brahman, which cannot be entirely overlooked.

I invite anyone on the list to take a look at the Advaita-related website I
have created, and to enjoy the resources presented there.  A web browser
that supports frames is necessary for the "full effect."

http://www.eskimo.com/~fewtch/ND/one.html

OM Shanti,

Tim

-----
Visit The Core of the WWW at:
http://www.eskimo.com/~fewtch/ND/index.html
Music, Poetry, Writings on Nondual Spiritual Topics.

Tim's Windows and DOS Shareware/Freeware is at:
http://www.eskimo.com/~fewtch/shareware.html