Note on Vedic shAkhAs

Ashish Chandra ramkisno at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 25 18:29:04 CDT 1999

Namaste All,

Thanks a lot to all those who have cleared my doubts/answered my questions.

Anand Hudli wrote:

>  7) A complication that arises if one learns another shAkhA without
>     learning _any_ part of his own is: what does one do while following
>     the saMskAras? These saMskAras are according to the gR^ihya sUtras
>     of one's shAkhA. If one has not learnt any part of his shAkhA at all
>     even to the extent of being able to perform the necessary saMskAras,
>     then it won't do him any good, even if he has learnt some other shAkhA
>     fully.

Which probably means that for people who have been "disconnected" from the
tradition, who don't even know their Shakha (me) and might not have any
chance of getting to know it, the law of Manu applies wherein I should just
try and learn what I can ? Then what of the point Anandji is making here ?

thanks
ashish

>>> Error in line 807 of default.mailtpl: extraneous data in expression - "-L" <<<
 -> .bb &LISTNAME = ADVAITA-L <-