Sankhya vs. Advaita

Ashish Chandra achandra at WNMAIL.WNDEV.ATT.COM
Mon Feb 15 08:47:17 CST 1999

Sorry I did not read Jaladhar's note before my last email.

So as far as what has been said, Prakriti is real but composed of the
substrate of Purushas. But Maya is illusory and Brahma alone exists. Is
this correct ?

How do we know that Brahma/Atman is not an illusion. Satchittananda
looks appealing because it is bliss forever. Is there any specific
reason to believe that this unbounded joy is not an illusion. How does
Sri Shankara address this. Or if the premise has been that because of
the Atman/Brahma in Shrutis, their existence if automatically presumed,
how do the Advaita parts of Shrutis address them ?

Thanks
Ashish