New member introduction: shrI Keith Bailey

Ravisankar Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Wed Jan 6 11:38:19 CST 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 22:16:23 EST
From: Deith at aol.com
To: msr at isc.tamu.edu
Subject: Re:

I was born into a Presbyterian home back in North Carolina but I never felt
comfortable with their beliefs.  I could not accept the fact that the majority
of God's own creation was to be tormented in hell for an eternity.  It was all
inconsistent with an all-loving God.  When I left home I met a friend who
introduced me to Vedanta and right away I knew that I had come into contact
with the eternal religion of truth.  It taught that man's true nature is
divine and the purpose of our lives should be to realize this state, not in
some future existence, but here and now.  Everyone will eventually be "saved"
and the greatest truth is expressed in three words: Atman is Brahman
Keith Bailey