New member introduction: shrI Eric Mossel

Ravisankar Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Sun Jan 24 12:55:33 CST 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 13:55:10 +0100
From: Erik Mossel <signum at knoware.nl>
To: msr at isc.tamu.edu

Dear Mr. Ravi Mayavaram,

I am living in Amsterdam as a translator. I became interested in oriental
philosophy as a child. Later in life I came in contact with people who were
in touch with the Shankaracarya of North India for guidance. Up to now I
translated books on ayurveda by B. Bhattacharya en Ch.S. Thakkur. Recently
my translation of the Bhagavad Gita has been published. For the Gita
translation I used bi-lingual editions Sanskrit-English. I am able to read
devanagari and succeeded in doing so with the help of the Monnier-Williams
Dictionary. My interest is vedanta, especially the  advaita line of
Shankara.
Best wishes and kind regards.

Erik Mossel