Thank You

Parisi & Watson niche at AMERITECH.NET
Tue Jul 27 18:52:05 CDT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at BRAINCELLS.COM>
To: ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG
<ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG>
Date: Tuesday, July 27, 1999 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: Thank You

<snip>
>At the risk of sounding harsh, such weak-minded people are never going to
>get anywhere.  Obviously they have never seen a real Internet flamefest.
>Nothing on this list has even come close.  Alot of people put a lot of
>their precious time into helping people understand the subject. Sometimes
>people are disappointed in the answers.  Actual harshness is low.  And
>what there is, _is_ due to religious and philosophical differences. This
>cannot just be papered over.  Yes politeness is a virtue but it is
>secondary to truth.

You know, I think we're brothers under the skin. I also definitely consider
politeness to be secondary to truth, and have often been criticized
(elsewhere) for being too adamant and not sensitive enough to the feelings
of others. I was bailing out of the list basically because I didn't want to
keep annoying everyone with negative sounding questions that are very far
afield from the ideas of Vedanta. But if the result is that I'm going to be
grouped with weak minded people, then I'll stay around, at least for a
while, and try to resurrect my original question. As several people have
pointed out, originally it had nothing to do with the Vedas. Maybe the
problem is not that the other members have been rude, but that I've been too
much at pains to be polite! Okay, let's all be blunt (but still hopefully
polite).

Robert.