New member introduction: shrI Sreekanth Sathayanarayana

Ravisankar Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Thu Mar 11 09:39:01 CST 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 16:38:49 -0800 (PST)
From: Sreekanth Sathayanarayana <Sreekanth.Sathyanarayana at eng.sun.com>
To: msr at isc.tamu.edu
Subject: Re: Your Message Sent on Tue, 9 Mar 1999 18:28:33 -0600 (CST)

namaste

My name is Sreekanth Sathyanarayana. I am living in mountian view California.
I am a native of Mysore, Karnataka. I did all my studies in Mysore, and was
in Bangalore, working in Wipro before I left for Phoenix, AZ for my higher
studies.

I have been interested in Advaita vedanta since my childhood. This interest
is also due to the numerous stories I heard from my grandmother when I was
young. I have read a couple of books in advaita vedanta published by
Sri Ramakrishna Ashrma. But I feel my knowledge about Advaita needs to be
enhanced before I can really comfortable to say, atleat, that I know a little
bit of Advaita.

In order to increase my knowledge and also to clarify some of the questions
I have about advaita, I am joining this list. Hope this list will help  me out
in this.

Regards
Sreekanth