Ramakrishna and Vivekananda

Giridhar giridhar at CHEMENG.IISC.ERNET.IN
Tue Mar 16 23:20:58 CST 1999

namaste. The aim of the previous post was to show that

1. Jnana is independent of the age of the body.
2. Shankara feels that adhikara is required to learn the vedas.
3. Any society has a bunch of atheists, a large number of agnostics etc,
and it is simply wrong to claim that all of society fall at the feet of any
saint.

>I simply don't agree with Adi Shankaracharya or the Sringeri/Kanchi Mathas
>about Brahmins having the sole claim to learning the Vedas because I

                No, they do not say that Brahmins have the sole claim either.

>You want to be in favor of Brahminical learning, fine,
>stick to it. I am not, and support those who want our scriptures to be

                Please do not put words into my mouth. I never said that
I am in favour of that. I just said Shankara and others in the lineage
require adhikara to learn Vedas. Did I say that I support it or oppose it ?
This is a list which caters to the teachings of Shankara. I just said what
Shankara has said, not whether I agree with it or not.
                I never opposed Vivekananda and just fyi, I spend
more time in a ramakrishna center than you possibly can guess.

>by any meditative practices or receiving Jnana at the feet of a Guru, but I
>know stupidity when I see it.

                Good. Maybe you should put me in your kill file since you may not
like to read my stupid posts.

Thanks

gm