saattvika tyaagam

Vivek Anand Ganesan v_ganesan at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 11 19:58:26 CDT 1999

--- ShrI Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <ramakris at EROLS.COM> wrote:
> More on the fundamental differences between these two
> philosophies sometime later.
  I am very interested to learn about this.  If I may make a rather
simplistic framework, wherein Advaita is placed on one end and Dvaita
on the other :

  a) Is VishishTadvaita in the "middle", truly?
                  ( or )
  b) Is it closer to Advaita but with a few important differences?

    I recently learned that ShrI RamanujAchArya did not call his
philosophy "VishishTadvaita".  Is this true?  If so, why this curious
terminology?

-Vivek.

=====