Note on Vedic shAkhAs

Ashish Chandra ramkisno at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 10 12:54:28 CDT 1999

Namaste All,

At the risk of deviating too much from what we should be discussing, I would
only say that you(Jaladhar) have a very distorted picture. The "VHP crowd"
as you have called them are not trying to gain power nor is it their wish
that Hinduism should be what they interpret it as. Hating muslims ??? Where
did you get that ? Babri Structure ? Anyway, I would not just go on
superficial impressions one might get on meeting people here or there. VHP
is an ideological organisation that stands for the unity of all those who
can trace their origins to the land of Bharatvarsha because of the glorious
and philanthropic traditions that were born there. As for their image, the
one gets to know in the press, the less one says the better.

When we say that VHP "needs" a foreigner to espouse their cause, are we
forgetting that the main inspiration for us all comes from our spiritual
Gurus. If Sh. David Frawley has been inspired, good for him. Is there any
harm in associating with such a person. He is surely not a mascot for VHP.

As for my personal dissociation, I can say that I am probably straddling the
first step. I know somewhat of what we, Hindus, used to be and that that
existence was not hateful of other cultures and ways. I also think VHP is
working in this direction, that of a cultural awakening. Just because a few
newspapers scream headlines about Bajrang Dal or that the US International
Committee on the Freedom of Religion "indicts" BJP and RSS is not reason
enough to call them the "lunatic fringe".

I apologize to the other members for deviating from the main topics.
Jaladhar, could you please send me the name of that book by Sri
Chandrashekhar Bharati.

Namaste
ashish