Learn & Speak Sanskrit

Sreekanth Sathayanarayana Sreekanth.Sathyanarayana at ENG.SUN.COM
Mon Apr 3 17:50:12 CDT 2000

namaste,

I am one of the members in this Samskrita bhArathi group. We meet regularly
(first and third sat'days of the month) and try to learn to talk in samskrita.
This organization samskrita bhArathi is quite active atleast here in the Bay
area. Recently we put up a samskrita drama thapasaH prabhavaH (Power of
penance), the episode depicting the penance done by parvathi to marry shiva
(after she takes birth as the daughter of HimAlaya). The play was selected from
"kumAra Sambhava" written by the great kAlidAsa. Lot of people who saw the play
really liked it.

List moderators, please permit me to use this as propoganda mail.. I would like
to draw the attention of people who might be interested in learning samskrita to
kindly consider this event "samskrita shibhira". It is going to be a residential
camp for 9 days from July 1st to July 9th. You will have to take a leave of just
3 days from your rouitne work (on July 5th,6th and 7th) and you will have an
oppurtunity to experience 9 days full of total samskrita in your life.

DhanyavAdah
Sreekanth

> Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 17:02:16 EDT
> From: Ashish Chandra <ramkisno at HOTMAIL.COM>
> Subject: Learn & Speak Sanskrit
> Comments: To: ADVAITA-L at braincells.com
> To: ADVAITA-L at advaita-vedanta.org
>
> Namaste
>
> I am not sure if any members know of a Sanskrit shibir (camp) that is being
> organized in California this July by Sanskrit Bharati, an organization
> dedicated to the popularization of the Sanskrit language. The shibir will be
> held at Coloma Resort, CA from July 1-9. Interested members can get more
> information at http://www.samskrita-bharati.org/bhittipatram.html
>
> For more information on Sanskrit Bharati, you can visit
> http://www.samskrita-bharati.org
>
> ashish
>
> --
> bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam
>
> Archives : http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l.html
> Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
> Options  : To leave the list send a mail to
>            listserv at lists.advaita-vedanta.org with
>            SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.

  \                       SREEKANTH SATHYANARAYANA                \
   \  SUN Microsystems Inc,         \   575, S. Rengstorff Ave,    \
    \  17, Network Circle,           \   Apt #119                   \
     \  Willow Road at Bayfront Expwy \   Mountain View, CA 94040    \
      \  Menlo Park, CA 94025          \                              \
        \   Ph (Work): (650)-786-7741    \  Ph (Home): (650) 210-9634   \
         \       Fax : (650)-786-2512     \                              \
           \ E-mail: sreek at jurassic.eng.sun.com, sreekanth at eng.sun.com     \

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org