[Fwd: FW: HAPPY HINDU NEW YEAR]

elmec elmec at GIASBG01.VSNL.NET.IN
Fri Apr 7 00:22:42 CDT 2000

Hari Om,

Following is the message I received from a friend of mine for the
Yugaadi. I thought you too may find it interesting.

Regards,
Latha Vidyaranya

 Original Message --------
Subject: FW: HAPPY HINDU NEW YEAR
   Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 10:47:42 +1000
   From: Kousik Simha-C19690 <Narasimha.Kousik at motorola.com>
     To: "Elmec (E-mail)" <elmec at giasbg01.vsnl.net.in>

          All the events of the recent past indicate strongly
                     that the coming period will be
                     the century of the Hindus and
                      the Millennium of the Vedas.

 Indian Calendar is very very ancient and very scientific.
It divides time into extremely small units and also goes to the largest
unit.
The smallest unit of time is a TRUTI which is 37,000th fraction of a
second and the largest unit of time is 1 MAHAKALPA which is
311,040,000,000,000 solar years.

Sankalpa is observed before the commencement of any religious activity.
In the Sankalpa we mention, Kalpa, Manvantara, Yugadi, Samvat, Ayana,
Ritu, Maas, Paksha, Tithi, Vaar, gruha, Nakshatra and the geographical
location of the place where the religious activity is conducted. Thus
our forefathers, the Vedic Rishis had a complete knowledge of Astronomy
and geography (Khagol and Bhugol Shastra).

1 Manvantar is the time taken by Solar System for 1 revolution.
Which is 322,580,000 years
32 crore, 25 lakhs, 80 thousand years.
There are 14 Manvantaras.
We are now in the seventh Manvantara called Vaivasvatha Manvantara

1  Mahayug is the time taken to complete a cycle of

                    Kali yug, Dwapar yug, Treta yug and Satya yug

This is 4.32 million years.
       We have completed 27 such mahayugas are now in the 28th Mahayuga.

 1 Kaliyuga is 432,000 years.

          Twice of kaliyug is Dwapar yug 864,000 years.

Thrice of Kaliyug is Treta Yug 1,296,000 years and

          four times is Satyayug 1,728,000 years.

     We have completed several Kaliyugas Mahayugas and Manvantaras.
          In this present Kaliyuga, we have completed 52 centuries and
          today we are entering the Chiatra Shudha Pratipada in the
          second year of 53rd century in Kaliyug. (Yugabda 5102)

                 We in Vishva Hindu Parishad wish you a
                   very happy and prosperous New Year.