Renunciation with Self-enquiry (was Re: Advaita ...)

jkcowart@cari.net jkcowart at CARI.NET
Fri Apr 7 17:04:10 CDT 2000

At 06:05 PM 04/07/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>On Wed, 5 Apr 2000 21:38:57 -0500, Sankaran Kartik Jayanarayanan
><kartik at ECE.UTEXAS.EDU> wrote:
>
>>But what about "satya-anR^ite parityajya," the renunciation of "truth and
>>untruth"? Can one renounce both truth and untruth and yet hold onto the
>>VedAnta?

Is it, perhaps, renunciation of *attachment* to truth/untruth which is at
issue?

John

J. Kingston Cowart, M.S.
San Diego, California
<jkcowart at cari.net>

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 23:55:22 GMT
To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG>
From: Savithri D <savdev at HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject: Re: Renunciation with Self-enquiry (was Re: Advaita ...)
Comments: To: ADVAITA-L at braincells.com

Excuse my simple answer, perhaps when you know the knower, there is no
Truth or unTruth, no good or bad - everything simple is.

Savithri