shrii raamabhujangaprayaata-17

Raghavendra hs_raghavendra at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 10 20:14:03 CDT 2000

sa puNyaH sa gaNyaH sharaNyo mamaaya.m
      naro veda yo devachuuDaamaNi.m tvaam |
sadaakaarameka.m chidaanandaruupa.m
      manovaagagamya.m parandhaama raama || 17 ||

sa puNyaH : He is the most fortunate,
sa gaNyaH : He is the most well respected,
naro : that being
yo : who
veda : knows (or considers)
tvaam : You
devachuuDaamaNi.m : the foremost among the devas,
sadaakaaram : of the form of sat,
eka.m : one without a second,
chidaanandaruupa.m : of the form of chit and aananda,
manovaag-agamya.m : who is beyond the mind and speech,
parandhaama : the supreme destination (or the abode of moksha) (as)
mama ayam : he is my
sharaNyo : Refuge

O Lord raama, You are the supreme destination. The devotee
who considers You, who are  of the form of sat, chit and aananda,
who are the best among the devas, and who are beyond mind and
speech, as his Refuge, is indeed the most fortunate. He is
indeed worthy of respect.

It can also be read as :
That being who 'knows' or 'has attained' You is indeed the
most fortunate and is worthy of respect. He is indeed my Refuge.

In the book I am referring to, the second line of the shloka
has been printed as 'naro veda ye devachUDAmaNiM tAm'.
But when I read the Kannada translation, it was different.
Assuming a printing error in the shloka rather than in the
translation, I corrected the shloka to go with the translation.

Corrections are welcome.

Raghavendra.

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam