Follow-up questions for your consideration and response

AK426 at AOL.COM AK426 at AOL.COM
Wed Feb 2 11:18:57 CST 2000

Thanks, Anand Natarajan, for your quick response to my questions. I have some follow-up questions to your answers.

> Ans. The Prasthanathraya of Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi ... Ramana Gita , Upadesha Saram and Sad Darshanam.
> Besides this "Guru Ramana", "Talks with Srir Ramana >Maharshi", Day by Day with Bhagavan and "Self >Realization- The life and teachings of Ramana Maharshi" >are very good.

I thought I had bought all the books available on Ramana but perhaps not...is there a published work called 'The Prasthanathraya of Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi'?  ...Is there an English translation of Ramana Gita and Sad Darshanam (perhaps these are contained as a part of  books with some other titles; do you know?)

> Ans. One can practise certainly, but the aim should >not be in enhancement for there is nothing to enhance.

Interesting...are you established in self-enquiry or Jnana 24 hours a day? My understanding is that practice is necessary as long as you are not established in  AtmaJnana. Do you work for a living and are you able to  'roll with the punches' from a 'serene center' constantly? It is very tough for me to do this 'practie-less' practice and I'd love to hear your experiences leading to this state or related to this.

> >(c)What is the best way to learn the chanting of the Bhagvad Gita slokas in sanskrit? Have you used any tapes/CDs for this purpose or can  you recommend some?
>
> Ans. Yesudas singing Bhagavad Gita chapters 2, 12, 15.

Where can I purchase this tape? Btw, I have a wonderful 2 cassette tape version of BG offered by Music Today, which has a selection of about 170 slokas from BG. Learning these 170 slokas from these tapes has been a  very pleasant experience as they are set to wonderful music and most are repeated a couple of times.

Look forward to further insights,

Arvind

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam