giita X:20

Gasusima at AOL.COM Gasusima at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 5 21:12:28 CST 2000

Dear Ravi,
I agree wholeheartedly.  I, too, never miss the yearly darshan with this
saint.  She will be in Dallas area July 1-3 this year.  Her touring schedule
may be found at www.ammachi.org
Here is what she says:  "Sri Shankara was a Self-realized master.  He was
also a great scholar with a superb intellect.   Through his knowledge and
reasoning, he removed many misconceptions about spirituality, and brought to
light the right interpretations of the scriptures.  At the same time, he had
immense faith in what he taught.  It was not just because of his intellectual
ability to penetrate into the meaning of the scriptures that Shankara was so
widely admired and respected, but because he himself was an embodiment of
everything he preached. The realization, 'I am That', is possible only
through absolute trust.  Without that faith you cannot put the spiritual
principles into practice.   Intellectual certainty is one aspect of
spirituality, while faith is another.  Both are important.  However, the
state of Self-realization can be attained through faith alone, whereas
intellectual knowledge and reasoning, without faith, cannot take you to the
ultimate state. "
(from Awaken Children!   Vol.  IX)

Om Amriteswaryai Namah
Jaya Jaya Sankara, Hara Hara Sankara