advaita-siddhi 11 (Predicate logic formulation)

Mon Feb 14 14:35:15 CST 2000

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Vivek Anand Ganesan wrote:

>   Was this a development of the navya-nyaya school?  I mean
> the author of Advaita-Siddhi is up there with some modern
> mathematicians.

Swami Madhusudan Sarasvati was Bengali and Bengal was the seat of
learning in Nyaya at that time so he was probably intimately familiar with
Navya-nyaya

The monumental work of Gangesh Upadhyaya Tattva Chintamani not only
revolutionized the Nyaya school but all other branches of the shastras
too including Advaita, Dvaita, Purva Mimamsa, Dharmashastra and
Kavyashastra.

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.