shivAparAdhaxamApaNa stotra - 6 & 7

Anand Hudli anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 24 15:31:30 CST 2000

snaatvaa pratyuushhakaale snapanavidhividhau naahR^itaM gaaN^gatoyaM
puujaarthaM vaa kadaachidbahutaragahanaatkhaNDabilviidalaani |
naaniitaa padmamaalaa sarasi vikasitaa gandhapushhpe tvadarthaM
xantavyo me.aparaadhaH shiva shiva shiva bho shriimahaadeva shambho || 6||

Taking a bath early in the morning, I have never brought the water of
the GangA river to perform Your abhishheka (bathing ceremony). And
I have never gone to the dense forest to bring Bilva leaves for Your
pUjA. Nor have I offered You a garland of lotuses grown in the lake
or fragrant flowers of any kind. O Shiva! O MahAdeva! O Shambhu!
Forgive my offense!

dugdhairmadhvaajyutairdadhisitasahitaiH snaapitaM naiva liN^gaM
no liptaM chandanaadyaiH kanakavirachitaiH puujitaM na prasuunaiH |
dhuupaiH karpuuradiipairvividharasayutairnaiva bhakshyopahaaraiH
xantavyo me.aparaadhaH shiva shiva shiva bho shriimahaadeva shambho || 7||

I have never performed the bathing ceremony of Your liN^ga with milk
and honey, ghee, yogurt, and sugar (paJNchAmR^ita-abhishheka). I have
never anointed the liN^ga with sandalwood paste. Nor have I worshipped
You with dhattUra flowers, incense, and lights of camphor. I have never
offered You naivedya (food offered to God) consisting of various dainty
delicacies. O Shiva! O MahAdeva! O Shambhu! Forgive my offense!

Anand

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org