ardhanArI Form

Vivek Anand Ganesan v_ganesan at YAHOO.COM
Mon Feb 28 16:11:39 CST 2000

Many thanks to one and all who answered my question.

-Vivek.
http://im.yahoo.com

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.
>From ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG Mon Feb 28 17:17:16 2000
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:17:16 -0800
To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG>
From: Anand Natarajan <anandn at MYWORLDMAIL.COM>
Subject: Re: advaita-siddhi 12 (Objection by opponent)
Comments: To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at braincells.com>

Everything in this world is in relation to YOU. If you as an individual exist , so will all the jivas and Iswara. They are as real as you consider yourself to be. When you as an individual cease to exist , the primal cause alone remains. Then there are neither Jivas nor Iswara.
However , a person who comes back from this state to the world (An Adhikara Purusha) perceives no difference between the two states. In one state everything is potential. In the other there is manifestation of the potential. This continuity of experience is that Iswara is both beyond the triad of time space causation and the cause too.

Om,
         Anand
---
SVALPAM APYASYA DHARMASYA THRAYATE MAHATO BHAYATH
"Even a Bit of this Dharma will overcome great fear " - Bhagavad Gita Ch 2

>I have an earnest question, It may be stupid,
>In turIya state even time vanishes and there is no sense of I. That is
>brahmAnubhUti. Fine.
>But while defining Ishwara he is defined as some one who exist in such a
>state beyond time as well as one who takes care of the world bound by time
>and space which is a cause of his own mAyA or swAvidyA.
> mAyAvIti vijrumbhayati api mahA yogIva yasvechayA
>A jIvan does not become a sAkshi to say that he was in a state of dream as
>he goes beyond that, but even in that state of a jIvan does not a Ishwara
>exist who exist as a sAkshi to this mAyAmaya jagat as a satvaguNopAdi. That
>leads to a conclusion of two realities, atleast until jagatvApAra is over
>and all jIvans are liberated.
>
>Aravind

A FREE web-based e-mail service brought to you by the PC World Technology Network.