Sri Sankara Bhagavatpada: Commentator Par Excellence

Sankaran Jayanarayanan kartik at ECE.UTEXAS.EDU
Tue Jan 4 13:39:06 CST 2000

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Ravisankar S. Mayavaram wrote:

> namaste
>
> http://www.svbf.org/sringeri/journal/vol1no3/index.html
>
> I am quoting this text from the above site. I have taken permission
> from the site adminstrator to post. It was with the requirement that
> their  WWW address is cited. Please visit the site of
>
> Sringeri Vidya Bharati Foundation Inc., USA at
> http://www.svbf.org/sringeri/index.html
>
> and kindly support their projects.

Thank you very much for the information on the above web-site. I also went
to http://www.vidya.org/tattvaloka/english/default.htm  which contains
past issues of tattvaloka, the official publication of the Sringeri Math.

The URL:
http://www.vidya.org/tattvaloka/english/98sept/art.htm
contains an article on art and yoga. Is this representative of the
opinions of the Sringeri Math? I'm surprised only because it contains
quotes from Emerson, Aurobindo and Tibetan Buddhism, among others!

Perhaps someone with access to the September 98 issue of tattvaloka can
clarify?

> Ravi

-Kartik

--