New Member introduction: B Umamaheswar

Vaidya Sundaram Vaidya_Sundaram at I2.COM
Mon Jan 10 17:53:52 CST 2000

------- Forwarded by Vaidya Sundaram on 01/10/2000 05:52 PM -----

Bondada Umamaheshwar <bumamahe at vanenburg.com> on 12/28/99 11:50:22 PM
Namaste!

My name is Umamaheshwar B.  I am a software engineer by profession.  By
tradition, I am a Jangama (a Saivite tradition). I am 30.

By interest in Advaita Vedanta, really had no special beginning.  It just
happened.

I am not, like most people would tend to, inclined to look upon Advaita as a
mere intellectual exercise -- as that would be of no use other than
elevating the mind for a brief period of time.  It should be practised in
our daily life.  To this I believe that Bhakti is important.  All should be
looked upon as His manifestation until we arrive at the stage of looking
upon All and everything as the Self.

So, to sum it up -- I am not a scholar by any standards, but I am a Sadhaka.

Namaste

Uma
B. Umamaheshwar

--