svadharma

Ravisankar Mayavaram miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jan 26 07:46:25 CST 2000

--- Anand Hudli <anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>  The gItA also has the verse 3.35, "shreyAn.h svadharmo viguNaH para-
>  dharmAt.h svanushhThitAt.h ..." (also 18.47). Even if one performs
>  one's own dharma without proper completion of all the components
>  of the relevant karmas, it is still better than the dharma of
> another
>  which is performed well. The gist is it is better to perform the
>  varNa-Ashrama duties to the best of one's ability rather than giving
>  them up completely.
>
>  Anand

Thanks Anand. Gita indeed has answers to most perplexing questions in
life.

I request you eloborate on what advaita-vedanta's view on sharaNagati,
which krishna  emphasizes in giita.  In a telephone conversation with
Aravind Krishna (who is on this list) he told me that shankara does
bring it out in his stotra-s like (laxmi nR^isimha mama dehi
karaavalambam). When one calls out with devotion to God asking him to
lift him up (from the ocean of saMsara), isn't a beautiful way of
surrender to the Lord.

=====
--
Ravi <miinalochanii at yahoo.com>
miinalochanii paashamochanii shive paahi shive paahi

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.