My last posting (3 / 3)

T Swaminarayan tvswaminarayan at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 1 22:45:36 CDT 2000

  "S. V. Subrahmanian" <svs_shankara at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

5. Finally the topic of Shruti. Reply:
Oh that's ok. You too have made good contributions in the past. You also
deserve credit.

With love and respects,

S. V. Subrahmanian
svs_shankara at hotmail.com
---------------------------------------
Help ever. Hurt never.

Reasoning, Faith, Trust and Experience. That is the order in which any aspirant for liberation moves towards his goal. Without an exception, every exponent of the scriptures confirms that without a guru one cannot hope to reach the pinnacle of experience. Again , I wonder, how many of the mumukshus can with certain amount of certainty explain the charactearistics of a guru based on which he himself decided to  go to that guru to progress in his own quest FOR LIBERATION?

How are you certain that your guru is a Brahmanishti? Are you sure that your guru is not the Scriptural blind character ,following whom other followers of his also end up in darkness?

Why have our great Scriptures left such a big void in this regard? Why have our great Acharyas not given  a more easy way for poor mumukshus to locate a Brahmanishti?

Instead of merely saying that one should have trust in a guru or faith in that guru can any of the learned members of this list prescribe some basic charactearistics of a Brahmanishti that we can quickly and surely identify and locate?

With all namrata,and frustration and with warm regards and hoping to find a speck of light in the dark tunnel in which he is presently groping',

Hari Om,

Swaminarayan.

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Options : To leave the list send a mail to
SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.