A suggestion

Anand Hudli anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 18 11:38:51 CDT 2000

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 06:56:42 -0700, Ravisankar Mayavaram
<miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>It will be better if someone encodes it in ITRANS for Jaguar site and
>we can keep a copy at our site.

 If someone intends to do this, it is better that they
 encode the introduction plus the commentary on the first four sUtras.
 This much material, called the chatussUtrI is a "mini" sUtra bhAShya
 in itself since it contains much of Shankara's philosophy. And the
 panchapAdikA of PadmapAdAchArya is a commentary on just these first
 four sUtras, at least as we have it today.

>I do not have access to a scanner or the text. If you probably send
>them as a FAX to my Yahoo Free Fax account, I will get them as tiff
>file which I can convert to gif/jpeg. I use this technique once in
>while. Sometimes the quality is not good though. If none is willing to
>scan it or type it, please fax those pages (bit enlarged) to 1 (801)
>981-2459.
>You can just try one page (first) to check the quality.

I just saw Jaldhar's e-mail saying he will do this. Since he is scanning
the intro may be he can also scan and put up the commentary on the
first four sUtras as well, if resource consumption is not an
issue.  Thanks to Jaldhar.

Anand

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam