Srimadbhaagavatam.

H.B.Dave hbd at DDIT.ERNET.IN
Fri Jul 21 22:34:14 CDT 2000

elmec wrote:

> "S. V. Subrahmanian" wrote:
>
> > Just a little note in addition to Shri Lataji's posting:
>
> Hari Om,
> Just a small correction here. Lataji is Shrimathi and not Shri.
> Regards,
> Shrimathi Latha Vidyaranya
>
> ( The Bhagavatha rendering is by Pandit Shyam Sunder Paraashar. No 'Sharma' is
> there in the name. Sorry.)
>

> > I have read the translation of Srimad Bhagavatam as published by Gita Press,
> > Gorakhpur (originally through their magazine Kalyana Kalpataru, in 1950's).
> > One has to be more inert than a stone to not fall in Love with "Vishnu"
> > after reading that rendering.

The offer to render passages from ShrimadBhagavatam by Shrimati LAtha is welcome.

When I read ShrimadBhagvatam, there was always a distinct feeling that Vyasaji is
pointing to Advaita only. The opening three shlokas also points to this (IMHO). I
request that if this aspect can be brought out in Shrimati Latha's rendering, it
will be really a treat. Just a suggestion.
-- Himanshu

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org