kunDalinI cakra-s

Bhaskar Y.R. bhaskar.yr at IN.ABB.COM
Tue Jul 25 23:27:54 CDT 2000

I have seen one more  book about this Kundalini Shakthi and shadchakras titled
*The Serpent Power* by John Woodruf (unable to comment on this book coz. i have
not read this). Just FYI.

Please respond to List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
      <ADVAITA-L at braincells.com>

Gummuluru Murthy wrote:

> namaste shri Ravi,
>
> Thanks very much for the feedback.
>
> The point I was trying to make in that group of sentences is that
> the kunDalinI cakra-s are not in the physical body. I like to put
> them in the following sequence.
>
> 1. From the present day scientific evidence, kunDalinI cakra-s are
>    not in the physical body
> 2. Yet, the description of the cakra-s and the location of the
>    cakra-s in the jIva, according to the tantric texts, is according
>    to the physical body description and location.
> 3. Further, most importantly, kunDalinI cakra-s can be visualized
>    only by intense sAdhana.
> 4. The description of kunDalinI cakra-s (with various number of
>    petals and the bIja mantra-s associated with them) are from the
>    tantric texts (e.g. ShaT-cakra nirUpaNa by pUrNAnanda translated
>    by Arthur Avalon in The serpent power). This description was not
>    denied by the samayin. Hence there must be truth in these
>    descriptions.
>
> All this suggests that the kunDalinI cakra-s can only be in the
> astral body. Then the description of the precise location of these
> cakra-s can hold only if there is a one-to-one correlation between
> the physical body and the astral body.
>
> In the kunDalinI meditation the divine power that lies dormant in
> every human being is aroused and pulled upward through the cakra-s.
> Now, I am giving only an intellectual and intuitive description of
> the kunDalinI cakra-s. There may be some in the readership who have
> actually felt or experienced this awakened kunDalinI. If there is
> someone, I would be very grateful to hear from such souls.
>
> Certainly, kunDalinI awakening, like the Atman Realization, is a
> subject beyond intellectual understanding. However, Yogeshwaranand
> Paramahansa in His book Science of the soul makes a determined
> effort to put the matter in excellent perspective. I strongly
> recommend this book if any wish to have the intellect satisfied
> of kunDalinI and the cakra-s.
>
> Regards
> Gummuluru Murthy

Hari Om,

Thank you, Sri Gummuluru Murthy, for the explanation. I shall go thro
the
books you have suggested to learn more about the kundalini chakraas.

Thanks to Sri Ravishankar  for forwarding my question to Sri Murthy.

Regards,
Latha Vidyaranya

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam