YagnOpavIta

Vaidya Sundaram Vaidya_Sundaram at I2.COM
Sat Jul 29 19:25:54 CDT 2000

> The third thread is worn after the birth of a child.

 In some discourse I have listened to by Sri Anantarama dikshidhar, he
mentions that the third YagnOpavIta should be worn immediately after
marriage as well, and for the following reason: the left shoulder of a
grihastA should never be without a clothing at any time - since it is
possible that the clothing one wear may sometimes not cover the upper torso
of the grihasta, he must wear the third so that the shoulder is now covered
at all times ...

bhava shankara desikame sharaNam
Vaidya

--