New Member Introduction: Roberto G. F. Fantechi

Thu Jun 8 07:41:39 CDT 2000

My interest in Advaita Vedanta dates from my youth, some fifty years ago,
when I first met the Bhagavad Gita and then read Swami Vivekananda's Jnana
Yoga. I think the best way to illustrate my interest is to give a list of
some books among those I possess and have read (excuse the approximate
translitteration): the
Brahma Sutras with Sri Sankaracarya's Bhasya, Upadesasahsri, Vivekacudamani,
the main Upanishads (8 with Sri Sankaracarya's Commentary), Vedantasara,
Atma Bodha,
Drgdrsyaviveka, Pancikaranam, Pancadasi, many editions of the Bhagavadgita,
including one with Sri Sankaracarya's Commentary.
Besides Advaita, I am strongly interested in Sri Ramanuja approach: I have
His Sri Bhasya and commentary to the Gita. I am also attracted by Bhakti,
and value very highly books such as Bhaktiratnavali and Narada's Bhakti
Sutras.
I know some Sanskrit (all of the books listed above have the Sanskrit text),
which allows me to follow the original Gita quite easily (less or much less
easily other books).
I am an active member of one of the Ramakrishna Mission Centres in Europe,
which is reflected in the Belgian site I have built up
(http://users.skynet.be/vedanta/index.html), visiting which (although it is
in French) you can get a further idea of my interests. You will see that
your own home page is therein listed under "Interesting Sites".

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.