Forwarded message from Marko Manninen

Marko Manninen marko.manninen at HYRYNSALMI.NET
Mon Jun 26 18:32:03 CDT 2000

thatks

missing parts were:

These parts are interesting:

1.

atharva-vede-purusa-bodi'ny-upanisad
saptame gaura-varna-visnor ity aena sva-saktya
caikyam etya pratar avatirya saha svaih sva-manum siksayati.
In the Atharva-Veda Purusa-Bodini-Upanisad, it is said:

"In the seventh manvantara, in the beginning of the Kali-Yuga, the Supreme
Personality of Godhead will, accompanied by His own associates, descend in
a golden form to the earth. He will teach the chanting of His own names." (
8 )

and 2.

itotham krta sannyaso'vatarisyami sa-guno nirvedo
niskamo bhu-girvanas tira-atho' lakanandayah kalau
catuh-sahasrabdhopari panca-sahasrabhyantare
gaura-varno dirghangah sarva-laksana-yukta isvara-
prarthito nija-rasasvado bhakta-rupo misrakhyo
vidita-yogah syam.
In the Atharva Veda, the Supreme Person says:

I will descend on the earth after the passage of four thousand years in the
Kali-Age, [kalau catuh sahasrabdhopari] and before the passsage of five
thousand years [panca sahasra abhyantare].

I will come on the earth on the bank of the Ganges, [tira-sthah
alakanandayah]. I will be a tall and saintly Brahmana devotee. I will have
all the auspicious symptoms of an exalted person [dirghangah sarva-laksana-
yuktah].

I will exhibit renunciation. I will have all auspicious signs. I will be a
devotee, practicing bhakti yoga. I will taste the rasa of My own devotional
service.

and 3.

tathaham krta sannyaso bhu-girvano 'vatarisye
tire'lakanandayah punah punah isvara-prarthitah sa-
parivaro niralambo nirdhuteh kali-kalmasa-kavalita-
janavalambanaya. (11)
In the Sama Veda, the Supreme Lord says:

I shall come to the earth, accompanied by My associates, in a place by the
bank of the Ganges. I will advent to save the people who are afflicted and
devoured by the sins of the age of Kali. I will manifest as an avadhuta
Brahmana sannyasi.

so:

If those passages belongs to veda and are correctly translated (i know very
little of it) who do you think was the real avatar of kali-age? I have
heard that former alvars are later fitted to prophecies. Is that possible
in this case too?

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org