Fwd: A question

Jagannathan Mahadevan jagan at CCWF.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Tue Jun 27 10:28:02 CDT 2000

The temple worship and worship at home are two similiar activities. Of
course any worship done as a group or in public (like in a temple) has its
inspirational factor. Worship at home is like taking god out of the
limited ambit of temple and bringing him home too. I remember a story from
Amar Chitra Katha (comic strip popular in India) where Arjuna constructs
Shiva Linga right at the place where shiva the "hunter" defeated arjuna in
the race for a boar. This may be an instance where it suggests that one
could invoke the worshipfulness anywhere irrespective of whether there is
a temple or not.
Thanks
Jagannathan

--