RFD on advaita-siddhi 12

Rajesh Venkataraman rajesh_venk at YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 1 16:25:59 CST 2000

>  So sometimes "sacrificing" one's thirst for wealth
> and/or other material
>  benefits may be called for in order to maintain
> progress on the spiritual
>  side. Instead, if one is deluded into thinking that
> no matter how
>  complicated and materialistic life becomes, one can
> always find time to
>  keep up with spiritual matters, that is a big
> mistake, in my opinion.
>  In brief, if one has an opportunity to make life
> less complicated
>  materialistically, then one must take that
> opportunity even if it
>  means some "sacrifice" is necessary.
>
>  In brief, if one has an opportunity to make life
> less complicated
>  materialistically, then one must take that
> opportunity even if it
>  means some "sacrifice" is necessary.

Will it be better if we don't choose spirituality in
favor of material wealth with the idea of
"sacrificing" something? Sacrifice generally is a
selection between choices which are equal or atleast
close to each other in the level of importance. Also
by sacrificing one of the choices one gets a certain
amount of pain.

Here, for a true viveki material prosperity is at best
an aid and spiritual pursuit is far ahead in his
priority list and he should not be pained to sacrifice
a little bit of material well being! So, where is the
question of sacrifice? If still there is a certain
amount of pain, the viveka is not strong enough, is it
not?

Regards
Rajesh