Proposal to start posting Bhagavat Gita Bhashya

Ashish Chandra ramkisno at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 6 13:52:52 CST 2000

I have not heard anything from the RK Math so far about permission to use
shri AGK Warrier's translation of BGB.

Kartik had suggested that I start posting on some other work such as Br.U
Bhashya or other works of Sankara. Unfortunately, I don't have any of
Acharyas Bhashyas with me. The only book I have is BGB that pertains to
Advaita. I know that Vidya Vriskhah folks http://www.vidyavrikshah.org/ have
the Vivekachudaamani online and the Sanskrit Documents list also has several
works of Acharya including a Vivakachuudaamani translation by John Richards
which is not copyrighted. Since I can only count myself at the beginner's
level as far as my understanding of Advaita philosophy goes, I would request
learned members to suggest a work which would be simple for me to translate
and would also be a fit work for a beginner to take up. This I say because
Vidyasankar has already taken up the translation of BGB. If, however, it is
the wish of our members here, I shall attempt the BGB although my Sanskrit
is very rudimentary.

ashish