New member introduction: Ivano Alessandro Elia

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at COMCO.COM
Thu Mar 30 09:32:32 CST 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:15:26 +0200
From: Ivano Alessandro Elia <eliavit at unina.it>
To: msr at comco.com
Subject: Introduceing myself.

namaste

I'm eighteen, I live in Naples in the south of Italy and I attend
the first year of university of engineering. I'm a beginner in
the field of the advaita vedAnta and I wish not to bother you if
my questions will be basical. At the moment I'm reading the
bhagavad-gItA with the commentary of Raphel published by the
Ashram Vidiya. This commentary is, in my understanding, strictly
vedAntic. I live in an atheist family and so my interest for
spirituality and in particular for the Indian philosophy is
relatively recent and I'm just taking the first steps along this
path. I adopted a vegetarian diet (but still eat eggs) and I
tried to experience the bhakti by the devotion to Lord Krishna
and the singing of his holy names but I feel not completely
satisfied by this.

Ivano.

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam