Shrimad Bhagavatham

V V S Mani vvsmani at EMIRATES.NET.AE
Mon May 8 13:10:22 CDT 2000

from : v.v.s. mani(Venkatasubramani), Sharjah.
Namaskarams to all the elders.
I was reading the Bhavad Gita (Translations and purport by Srila Prabhupada
of Iskcon).
These days I read only the verse and the translation(translation because I
donot understand Sanskrit). I donot read the purports generally these days
as they invariably have attacks on Advaitha. There was a verse of Shrimad
Bhagavatham in the purport of 7.5(chapter 7, text 5). I read the verses
within the purport as it is nice to read verses and their meanings atleast.
The verse is as follows:
"aparimitaa dhruvaas tanu-bhrto yadi sarva gataas
tarhi na saasyateti niyamo dhruva netarthaa
ajani ca yan mayam tad avimucya niyantr bhavet
samam anujaanataam yad amatam mata-dustatayaa"  (ShrimadBhagavatham
10.87.30). The meaning /translation given by Prabhupada is as follows:
"O Supreme Eternal ! If the embodied living entities were eternal and
all-pervading like you, then they would not be under Your control. But if
the living entities are accepted as minute energies of YOur Lordship, then
they are at once subject to Your Supreme control. Therefore real liberation
entails surrender by the living entities to Your control, and that surrender
will make them happy . In that constitutional position only can they be
controllers. Therefore, men with limited knowledge who advocate the monistic
theory that God and the living entities are equal in all respects are
actually guided by a faulty and polluted opinion"
May I request for clarification if the above translation is correct and if
not may the correct translation and meaning please be given.
Namaskarams.
Venkatasubramani.

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam