Adhyaatmic significance of navaraatri

Swaminarayan T tvswaminarayan at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 5 12:59:02 CDT 2000

  Vaidya Sundaram <Vaidya_Sundaram at I2.COM> wrote:

In south India, when boiled urad dhal by itself is mixed with yogurt, it is
considered meat! This is the substitute we use.

-
A question to think about and to respond:::::

The animal sacrifices to Gods cannot be substituted by sacrificing cut Watermelons or cut nimbus smeared with red kumkum because such actions will naturally constitute breach of trust and of  injunctions in the scripture.Under these circumstances the promised results cannot accrue to the devotee sacrificer.

How can the devotee who cannot really stand the slaughter of  a living being and the bleeding and  offers only a substitute expect to get full grace and blessings of the Goddess? Will he be happy with some sort of a substitute blessing?

Hari Om !

Swaminarayan