mriyamaanasya kim kartavya.h ?

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 12 14:27:42 CDT 2000

Latha Vidyaranya wrote:

> > once again set my mind thinking as to what is more important to be
> done
> > now - continuing bhagavatam or concentrate on my saadhana ? it is

Why should they be different? They are not. On the contrary, writing
about that will improve one's depth and clarity of that subject. It is
and should be a part of sAdhana.  What one needs to minimize is
reading/writing about secular things and other useless chatter.

At least this is my personal experience. Even though I know very
little, I have attempted to write on things which I wanted to learn.
Those attempts have improved my understanding and depth of knowledge.
When try to translate shankara's ashhTottaram or abhiraami antaadi, I
do not think I am doing it for others. It is for me, even if I commit
errors, I learn in that process.

My 2c.

=====
ambaaL daasan