Rebirth (fwd)

Mon Aug 20 11:33:43 CDT 2001

Btw, i've noticed people are sending questions etc. to listmaster rather
than the list itself.  Unless you are having problems that prevent it, you
should send mail to advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org .  that way
everyone can see it.  If you send it to listmaster and we happen to be
busy, the response will be delayed.

This isn't just a Vedantic idea but all the astika sampradayas believe the
soul lingers for a while before going on to its next destination.  That's
why it essential to perform the shraddha after a person dies.  The exact
time and method of performance depends on the caste and region.

<Till that period where will the soul exist.
>Swami Paramahansa Yogananda describes his experience >with his master sri
>Yuktheswer giri after his death.He states that the >psychic influence
>communication doing miracles in his Autobiography.

The physical body is only the outermost kosha.  The others still exist
after death and the soul resides there.

>In Bhagvat Gita Sanjaya
>explains the live war of Kurukshetra to >Dhritarashatra is this because
>of.the knowledge of 'KRIYAYOGA'

In the Mahabharata it says Maharshi Vedavyasa gave Sanjaya the power of
yogic sight but it doesn't specify what kind of yoga as far as I know.
Perhaps someone has more information on the subject?