Mind and the Intellect

Thu Dec 20 11:03:27 CST 2001

      Scriptures say that one can realise his real nature only when his mind is totally destroyed. Jnanis say that the experience they got in Nirvikalpa Samadhi was so great and cannot be expressed in words etc.,. If so when the mind is totally destroyed how do they know about the experience they got in Samadhi as there is no possibility to recollect? How does the Mind comes into contact when he comes out of Samadhi? In that case what is the state of the Intellect? Will the Intellect function when he is in the state of Samadhi?

        I am forwarding this question with my limited knowledge I got when I went through some scriptures.

        Please explain the nature of MIND and INTELLECT.